Saturday, November 17, 2012

Real Techniques


Hey guys.

I have to be frank. I received this correspondence sometime in October. October 24th  actually. I honestly have no idea why I didn't talk about it. Might of been that I was busy with a midterm or something of that nature. Regardless, here it is. And being that I am a huge fan of the Pixiwoos sisters on YouTube I am so excited and not disappointed. This brand carries synthetic make up brushes. Read for yourself. 

"Dear Camila,Real Techniques does not subscribe to animal testing on our finished products or individual ingredients. With today’s huge bank of safety-tested ingredients and several alternative methods to animal testing available, we find it unnecessary to conduct animal safety studies on our products or ingredients. In those cases where chemicals may have never undergone safety screening, and we believe there is a reasonable basis to question the safety of such an ingredient, we take two paths. First and foremost, we try to avoid the use of such an ingredient. In some instances where the ingredient is vital to the performance of the product, we conduct other types of laboratory testing, but do not conduct testing on animals.It remains our goal to provide quality, safe, and environmentally and socially responsible products for you and your family.The FDA does not have any regulations for items which are classified as “vegan.” The term “vegan” refers to food items, and our products do not fall into that category. We do consider our products earth-friendly and we do have very natural components, such as: 100% cruelty-free synthetic Taklon bristles. We hope that you decide to purchase Real Techniques to complete your makeup looks.Thank you for your interest!All our best,Real Techniques"


     Similar to Sonia Kashuk's email, they give details to their alternative testing methods. They also state that they consider animal testing "unnecessary". Not one correspondence I've received from any other company, regardless of whether they do or do not test on animals have given a statement close to that one. It truly shows this companies ethics. 
     I'm ecstatic!! I wish that every reply I received from a cosmetic company was this honest and clear. Real Techniques gets right to the point. The first sentence is "Real Techniques does not subscribe to animal testing...." I does not get more honest than that. In fact, the entire tone of that email is friendly. 
     Not only do I recommend checking out this brand but I also recommend checking out the Pixiwoo's YouTube channel. They are Sam Chapman and Nic Haste. They are beautiful and so talented. 
     I'm planning to buy the core collection and posting a receive. Let me know if that is something you'd be interested in. Also, just a comment would be fun. I haven't received a comment yet :( *wink wink* *Hint hint* 
     Lot's of love and stay strong in the quest of making the world a little bit of a better place, with one small act of kindness each day. 


--Camila A. 





3 comments:

  1. you should get some real techniques brushes! they're pretty awesome ;)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently have. :) you are completely right! they are sooo awesome. The lady who rang me up is also a fan of the Pixiwoo sisters. It lead to a great conversation :)

      Delete
  2. How do you feel about sigma's brushes? Do you think they are safe to buy?

    ReplyDelete

Please utilize this comment section for feedback. If you have a question, message me on facebook. It's easier that way to answer your questions directly. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Main-nav-Menu (Do Not Edit Here!)